Saturday, December 27, 2008

SWEET CHRISTMAS MEMORIES MADE:


Three Little Cousins

I think Princess C. is literally taking on the role of "Reindeer", to match her antlers....cutie!!
Can you get over that precious, precious, little smile on Master S's face? Priceless. : )
Awww..."Look what Aunt Sara gave me, Mommy."
My cutie-pa-tootie Son and adorable DIL!!!

Awww...... G.G's favorite color!!!!!!

Some body's going to look beautiful in that new coat!
Okay...THIS PHOTO NEEDS AN EXPLANATION...
You see, I'm sentimental to a fault. As you will see below, these gifts were given to my children many Christmases ago. Over the years I've heard these two children say more than once, "Hey, whatever happened to ...... or.......?" Somehow they mysteriously disappeared over the years. So when I found this Star Wars Creature again in an antique store, I grabbed it up and knew I would save it back for Christmas.
The Jack-in-the-box has a sweet story behind it. I remember this Christmas well. My husband was in Law School and extremely busy finishing up the semester just before the holidays. So on Christmas Eve, he went out to purchase my gift, and wanted something to be "JUST from him" to our little kiddos. This little Jack-in-the-box got ruined somehow after four children, real life, etc. So...I found it on EBay this year and have been saving it back ever since Summer.

Time to start the dinner preparations:


G.G. cutting up the apples for our yam dish.
Master S. willing to do his part too. "Hey, this red rolling pin looks fun!"
Priceless!
Part of the gang enjoying the Feast.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night.
I hope your Christmas was Merry & Bright!!


17 comments:

sara said...

Cute pictures!

Rae said...

Such adorable pictures! What a wonderful Christmas recap!!! I LOVE that black coat!

Darlene said...

What great pictures of your wonderful Christmas! Looks like every one had a GREAT time!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Your photos are wonderful! Have a great new year!

AndreaLeigh said...

love the pictures! it is nice to get a closer look at you and your family.

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful family celebration. So glad you could have your Mom and kids there with you. What sweet gifts to share with Scott and Emily. You are amazing!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

You. . .are. . . one. . . VERY LUCKY LADY!! What a beautiful family you have.

Looks like you had a most wonderful CHRISTmas with your family too.

Happy New Year!

Blessings,

Sher

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Our kids must be close to the same age, our son got a lot of the star wars stuff when it first came out. Wish I'd kept some of it! GG is going to look beautiful in that new sweater. Mimi

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Lovely Christmas photos:) Looks like everyone had a great day.
Thanks for sharing them.
Warmly,
Deb

Tamara Jansen said...

Oh man, this looked like a wonderful, memory filled day.

I love the retro gift idea.....I may use that next year :)

Unknown said...

It looks like you Christmas was so fun! Happy new year to you and your family!

Wendy said...

How fun! And you know what? The sentimental gifts are the best!

Charmingdesigns said...

You won my giveaway...I need your address...lm.sm@comcast.net laurie

Glitter & Bliss said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with family. I enjoyed your family pics very much. Your mom is such a doll. Happy New Year!!!

Nicole said...

I love the pictures, you have such a beautiful family! The shopping cart in one of the older pictures looks exactly like one me and my twin used to have, awe, the memories!

Miss G said...

I have to agree with Nicole. I had that orange and yellow shopping cart too! It brings back wonderful memories! And I had the jack-in-the-box at my grandparents' house I think.

Your mom is absolutely adorable as always! Did I mention before the holidays that I found out that my mom, my mom's mom and I are going to get to share some special times together in the fall Lord willing and when I found out that good news I had just been reading about your Wednesdays with your mom and I was so excited thinking of the wonderful blessing this will be.

My mom also gave us a retro gift several years ago. She had gotten rid of our hungry hungry hippo game somewhere along the way and then we had missed it so she bought us another one as adults and we got in the floor and played it!

That sweater will look wonderful on your mom and that is a beautiful coat also! Lucky girl!

So sweet of your husband to want to give a gift just from him.

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! We did too! Kelly

Kristie said...

Wow, Mary Lou! I just LOVE your blog!!!! I really do think the picture of Claire and GG is priceless! I love that even as "experienced" as Grandmother is, her hand under that sweet little chin is still so completely graceful! What an amazing moment to capture forever!!!!! You are so wonderful!!!!